Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Leavin' on a Jet Plane


Sorry for the recent silence, friends. As you might have guessed, I was pretty tied up with exams, preparation for exams, recovering from exams, and all the other fun that I'm discovering the European education system to be. But it paid off, as I have successfully completed my first year of formation at the NAC and my first year of studies at the Gregorian. It's a nice feeling and a little daunting to think that it all starts up again in a few months. But it's been a great year, so spiritually enriching and culturally rewarding, and I thank God for that.

Early tomorrow I return to the USA and to Arkansas for a little down time before I start my parish assignment early next month. Many thanks for all the prayers and kind words of encouragement this year, as well as for reading my thoughts and ramblings and keeping it fun for me. I hope you'll continue with both, as I plan to give an update occasionally on what the summer brings.

So, that's it for now. One year down and many more to go, but for now my thoughts basically go something like this ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - a double reference to my generation! Welcome home - you'll be in my prayers.
Caritas Christi Urget Nos

Unknown said...

Hi Andrew,
We'll be waiting at the airport tomorrow with open arms. See you soon!
Love, MOM