Thursday, July 18, 2013

And We're Back!



It's been two and a half years since I let this blog lapse, and obviously a lot has happened in the meantime. Recently, our parish's Communications Director approached me and said, "Listen, we're thinking about having the pastor and you keep a blog..." And I said, "Hey, I know a little about those..."

So, rather than create something completely new, I thought it'd be wise to bring this baby back from the dead. I had to let it lapse for a variety of reasons, mostly time constraints, and for my old readers, much has changed in my personal life. I finished seminary and am now a priest for the Diocese of Little Rock, ordained last summer and currently assigned in Fort Smith, AR. I'm happy to be the parochial vicar (associate pastor) of Immaculate Conception Church as well as the administrator and chaplain of Trinity Junior High School.

For my new friends, note that this blog was originally started to keep friends and family up-to-date on my experiences while living and studying in Rome. Hopefully you'll agree that this brings a nice sense of continuity (albeit delayed and with lacunae) between time past and time present. Old friends can see what I'm up to now, and new friends can see some of what I used to do in seminary. And who knows? Maybe I can even find some time to fill in some of the gaps.

That's it for now. Time will tell what this space is used for, but certainly I welcome (as a high school teacher used to say) any "questions, comments, or cries of anguish." God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on reactivating your blog. I look forward to seeing more posts from you in the future.

Irvin Z. Martinez